Meet Katie McHugh Akbar, mom of Zain in Yellow Door.
We have two days for getting deals – Black Friday and Cyber Monday. On #GivingTuesday, we have a day for giving back. Now a global giving movement, HRNS is proud to participate for the second year in a row. #GivingTuesday marks the beginning of the charitable giving season: a reminder of the “reason for the season.”
HASTINGS RANCH NURSERY SCHOOL IS SEEKING QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR TEACHER ASSISTANTS TO BEGIN IN THE UPCOMING SUMMER AND FALL SESSIONS. THE PAY RANGE IS $12 TO $21.67 PER HOUR. INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT THEIR RESUME OR CV TO firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the supervision of the Director and the direction of the Teacher, the Teacher Assistant assists in the developmental, play-based instruction to children ages two to five years old, as adopted and directed by the Board of Directors.
Six months of experience in supervising the care of young children under the age of five years. Experience in preschool or preschool cooperative environments is preferred.
Principles of child development and early childhood education. Knowledge of relevant state and local laws, rules, and regulations (example, Title XXII) preferred.
Effective communication skills, both verbal and in writing. Interpersonal skills that support constructive workplace relationships and teamwork. Strong ability for problem solving and organization. Ability to effectively manage time and be flexible to the demands of the position. Ability to demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness. Ability to maintain professional boundaries with other employees and with children and families.
High School diploma, plus six post secondary semester (or quarter equivalent) units in early childhood education or child development (with passing grades) at an accredited college or university. Associate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field is preferred.
A valid Child Development Assistant Permit or Child Development Associate Teacher Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing is preferred.
Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Prior to hire, must have a clear criminal record with the Department of Justice following a fingerprint screening; must successfully complete a health screening and provide proof of the absence of Tuberculosis (and every following two years); and must have physical ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds, type, bend, stoop, walk, reach overhead, push/pull, squat, twist, and turn. Expected to lift and carry children, when necessary, and be able to move quickly and actively within classrooms and in the play yard.
- Assist the Teacher in the daily implementation of child-centered, play-based, developmentally appropriate curriculum and education services for children, in preparation of kindergarten, including the implementation of activities within:
- General toddler and preschool education
- Stepping Stones
- Stay and Play
- Art Docent
- Music Together
- Field trip and community outings
- Assist in the preparation of materials and environments, both indoor and outdoor, required to implement the program, with the help of Teacher Helper Committee members.
- Assist in the planning and assurance in the proper maintenance of an attractive, clean physical environment, including storage of equipment, furniture, materials, and supplies, that reflects the philosophy of the School and is safe and free of health hazards.
- Maintain visual supervision of children enrolled in the assigned classroom at all times.
- Guide children’s acquisition of social skills.
- Eat with and assist children in development of social and self-help skills, and sound nutritional practices.
- Moving furniture and other equipment as necessary for set-up and clean-up of indoor and outdoor environments.
- Following California Health and Safety Code, will change soiled clothing and diapers, as necessary.
- Cooperate with Board members and other staff members to ensure the smooth functioning of the School, which at times may require changes to meet the needs of children and updated administrative and programmatic requirements.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct and implement all HRNS policies and procedures, including assurance of licensing and safety requirements.
- Participate in early childhood education courses, conferences and other activities for professional growth.
- Renew Pediatric First Aid and CPR certification annually.
- Assist in public events sponsored by the School.
- Attend the HRNS Corporation Meeting, Orientation, and Open House, as well as other School events as assigned by the Board.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the School at all times.
Additionally, the Teacher Assistant shall assume and perform other tasks, responsibilities, and duties as assigned by the Director.
Hello HRNS families!
On behalf of HRNS Board of Directors I would like to welcome all the families to 2016-2017 school year. My son Brendan is delighted to join Ms. Julie in the Blue door this year. I have no doubt that your child is excited to start school as well! While the kids are all set to take their shoes off and step in the sand box, we grownups should be ready for an exciting year as well. As a parent cooperative we will be joining our children in that sandbox (shoes recommended) and eating Pirate’s Booty sitting next to our kids.
As you already know, we have other required tasks for our families. I hope that each of us will take on these tasks with enthusiasm and glee. Everything we are required to do, whether it be committee hours or scrip, we do them to benefit our children. So let’s take on all the jobs at HRNS with a healthy dose of zeal so our kids can have a great time at school!
Rest assure though, HRNS isn’t all work and no play. We have many events planned for both families and parents this year. I would like to encourage every family to set a little time aside to come together and enjoy each other. Our kids do at school why not the rest of us?
Lastly HRNS Board of Directors is comprised of parent volunteers. Whatever concerns you have we probably have them too. So please never hesitate to reach out to any one of us for any questions or suggestions. We will all be working very hard to make HRNS a great place for our children.
Irene Chen Brendan's mom (Blue Door) HRNS Board President
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! We are so pleased that you chose HRNS for your child’s preschool experience. I know that you will enjoy your time here as much as your child does! It is our goal that parents learn about child development and become even better parents through their experience here. I hope you find your efforts rewarded with a sense of community, support, accomplishment, and fun as being a part of our family of families!
We are very excited to announce that our enrollment is the highest it has been in the last 7 years! We also found out that we are now NAEYC accredited; we are ecstatic about the news as we worked very hard to achieve this! We have been able to open up new afternoon classes and add new additions to our program.
We are pleased to be further developing our knowledge and skills with creative curriculum and plan on bringing amazing things to your children! Our Art and Science Docent program will be continuing this year along with Authors. We are very excited that the children will be participating in not only music this year but drama and dance as well.
We are enthusiastic about our classes we have to offer during our STEAM enrichment, make sure to sign up for them in the office as space is limited!
At HRNS, there’s always a lot going on. In the classroom, on the committees, fundraisers, parent education opportunities, spirit days, potluck celebrations…and more! Please make sure to visit our website often to check dates, times, and all the specifics for what’s happening on campus. In addition, I will be sending a weekly email to you all, complete with updates and reminders for the coming week and month ahead.
I look forward to getting to know all of you and your children this year. If you ever have any questions do not hesitate to come in and speak with me, our doors are always open. Have a great first week of school!
Shop our online book fair April 27 - May 10