HASTINGS RANCH NURSERY SCHOOL IS SEEKING QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR TEACHER ASSISTANTS TO BEGIN IN THE UPCOMING SUMMER AND FALL SESSIONS. THE PAY RANGE IS $10.97 TO $14.33 PER HOUR. INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT THEIR RESUME OR CV TO HRNSEMPLOYMENT@GMAIL.COM.
Under the supervision of the Director and the direction of the Teacher, the Teacher Assistant assists in the developmental, play-based instruction to children ages two to five years old, as adopted and directed by the Board of Directors.
Six months of experience in supervising the care of young children under the age of five years. Experience in preschool or preschool cooperative environments is preferred.
Principles of child development and early childhood education. Knowledge of relevant state and local laws, rules, and regulations (example, Title XXII) preferred.
Effective communication skills, both verbal and in writing. Interpersonal skills that support constructive workplace relationships and teamwork. Strong ability for problem solving and organization. Ability to effectively manage time and be flexible to the demands of the position. Ability to demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness. Ability to maintain professional boundaries with other employees and with children and families.
High School diploma, plus six post secondary semester (or quarter equivalent) units in early childhood education or child development (with passing grades) at an accredited college or university. Associate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field is preferred.
A valid Child Development Assistant Permit or Child Development Associate Teacher Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing is preferred.
Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Prior to hire, must have a clear criminal record with the Department of Justice following a fingerprint screening; must successfully complete a health screening and provide proof of the absence of Tuberculosis (and every following two years); and must have physical ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds, type, bend, stoop, walk, reach overhead, push/pull, squat, twist, and turn. Expected to lift and carry children, when necessary, and be able to move quickly and actively within classrooms and in the play yard.
- Assist the Teacher in the daily implementation of child-centered, play-based, developmentally appropriate curriculum and education services for children, in preparation of kindergarten, including the implementation of activities within:
- General toddler and preschool education
- Stepping Stones
- Stay and Play
- Art Docent
- Music Together
- Field trip and community outings
- Assist in the preparation of materials and environments, both indoor and outdoor, required to implement the program, with the help of Teacher Helper Committee members.
- Assist in the planning and assurance in the proper maintenance of an attractive, clean physical environment, including storage of equipment, furniture, materials, and supplies, that reflects the philosophy of the School and is safe and free of health hazards.
- Maintain visual supervision of children enrolled in the assigned classroom at all times.
- Guide children’s acquisition of social skills.
- Eat with and assist children in development of social and self-help skills, and sound nutritional practices.
- Moving furniture and other equipment as necessary for set-up and clean-up of indoor and outdoor environments.
- Following California Health and Safety Code, will change soiled clothing and diapers, as necessary.
- Cooperate with Board members and other staff members to ensure the smooth functioning of the School, which at times may require changes to meet the needs of children and updated administrative and programmatic requirements.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct and implement all HRNS policies and procedures, including assurance of licensing and safety requirements.
- Participate in early childhood education courses, conferences and other activities for professional growth.
- Renew Pediatric First Aid and CPR certification annually.
- Assist in public events sponsored by the School.
- Attend the HRNS Corporation Meeting, Orientation, and Open House, as well as other School events as assigned by the Board.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the School at all times.
Additionally, the Teacher Assistant shall assume and perform other tasks, responsibilities, and duties as assigned by the Director.