Our mission is to help children develop a love of learning through play, foster a commitment to explore and value differences, build a foundation for independence, cultivate social and emotional development, and enable academic growth through our cooperative family of families.
HRNS aims to be the leading preschool to prepare today's children to become tomorrow's innovators and leaders, by utilizing engaging hands-on STEAM and play-based learning.
Our goal at Hastings Ranch Nursery School is to introduce children to the joys of education, and prepare them not only for kindergarten, but for a life full of wonder and learning. It is our mandate to teach our children not only the common core standards, but it is our passion to exceed those standards and let our children learn without limits.
FOR OUR CHILDREN
- To be themselves and develop at their own rate
- To express themselves through art and play materials freely and constructively
- To learn to be tolerant, creative, cooperative, and imaginative
- To learn to be independent able to solve their own problems and do things for themselves
- To enjoy a preschool experience that will simplify adjustment to kindergarten and other social situations
- To learn limits of behavior regarding safety, health, and respect for the rights of others
- To increase their ability to handle their emotions constructively
- To build feelings of self-confidence and security and an acceptance of reality
- To extend and enrich their understanding of the world
- To learn to develop a comfortable relationship with adults other than family
- To share our child’s first experience away from home
- To become more aware of the child’s world & understand his/her behavior, based upon a knowledge of growth & development
- To achieve a more positive approach to our adult-child relationship through professional guidance and shared experience with other parents
- To provide techniques of working with children and insight into human relationships through participation in the parent education program
- To increase our understanding of the needs of other adults and the needs of the group